Minerva Endometrial Ablation Treatment in Naperville IL
For the nearly 1 in 3 women that suffer from excessive menstrual bleeding and who find it difficult to work, exercise, or be socially active, Minerva can help them take back control of their lives.
As an FDA approved treatment for heavy periods, Minerva Endometrial Ablation treatment is a quick, no incision procedure that can be done in-office with minimal anesthesia.
Benefits of Minerva
A clinical study found that at one year after the Minerva Treatment the following benefits were seen:
- 93% of patients had their heavy bleeding reduced to normal or less.
- 72% of patients had no bleeding.*
- Almost half of the patients with menstrual cramping said that it decreased after the Minerva procedure.
- 92% of patients were satisfied with the results.
- 95% of patients would “Maybe or Definitely” recommend the procedure to a friend or relative.
- Minerva ES is only indicated for pre-menopausal women for whom childbearing is complete, and are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding due to benign causes.
*No monthly bleeding was based on menstrual bleeding during the 30-day time period prior to the follow-up visit or phone call.
Using Minerva to Treat Heavy Periods
Minerva is an endometrial ablation procedure that can reduce or stop menstrual bleeding. It works by permanently removing the endometrium, or the lining of the uterus (the part that causes the bleeding), with a quick delivery of energy through the Minerva array create Plasma.
What to Expect from Minerva Endometrial Ablation for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
The Plasma energy is contained in a soft conforming balloon. Your doctor will slightly open your cervix (the opening to the uterus), insert a slender wand to measure the length of your uterus and then insert and deploy the Minerva array inside the uterus. The Array expands, fitting to the size and shape of your uterus. Within the Array, radio frequency energy is delivered, which ionized the Argon gas to create Plasma. The impedance base controller will precisely deliver Plasma energy through the array for 120 seconds. The array is removed.
Total time from device insertion to device removal is 3-4 minute. You can go home the same day.
Treatment for Heavy Periods in Naperville IL
Suffering from heavy periods? Contact The Wright Center today for more information by using our Secure Online Appointment Request form or calling (630) 687-9595 today.