Stress & Anxiety Testing in Naperville, IL
Nearly everyone will experience some type of stress in their lives. Stress can be caused by a variety of factors including, work, money, health, family and a laundry list of other items that are often unavoidable. You may know that long periods of stress and anxiety can leave you feeling tired and worn out, but did you know that it can have serious long-term effects on your health?
Stress comes from a primitive reaction called our “fight or flight” response. When we feel stress, our bodies automatically increases our breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure while limiting our digestive functions. This is done through the Autonomic Nervous System.
Recurring and Chronic Symptoms of Stress
Because the “fight or flight” response is so powerful, it can cause your body to react in extreme ways. Typically, patients who are exhibiting symptoms of long-term, chronic stress will often complain of:
- Low energy
- Upset stomach, including diarrhea or constipation
- Chest pain
- Loss of sexual desire
The ANS1 Test
We are proud to offer the ANS1 test, an FDA approved device that tests for dysfunctions or failure of the Autonomic Nervous System.
How is the test performed?
- 3 Sensors will be placed on your finger, arm, and feet to detect your heart rate, blood pressure, and other important vital signs.
- The test is performed mainly while you are in a relaxed state. You will be asked to stand up during part of the test, and also asked to perform some basic breathing exercises.
- This exam will provide feedback to your doctor with vital information about the early detection of possible diseases & complications that could be reversed.
- The test will only take about seven minutes in total.
Our trained health care providers perform the ANS1 test in office. If you are interested in ANS1 testing, please make an appointment using our appointment request form, or call (630) 687-9595.