As you might imagine, our office has been getting a lot of questions about the current COVID-19 pandemic. Most of them are being directed to our Front Desk staff and a member of that team, Amanda (pictured above on the left), has taken the time to answer some of them in this blog.
The questions range from simple ones to some that are a little more complicated. So, over the next week or so we’re going to answer the ones that have come up the most often to help our guests feel safe and secure.
1. Are you keeping normal hours?
Yes. View our regular office hours here.
2. What measures are you taking for guest and employee safety?
We are taking numerous steps to ensure the safety of not only our guests but of our entire staff. These include:
- Now offering telehealth services to our guests. Click here to discover more.
- Practicing social distancing to the best of our ability while still servicing those in need.
- Limiting the number of staff that we have in the office at any one time.
- Rotating paid time off to help limit the number of people in the office.
- Team members who are able to work from home are doing so.
- We have suspended most, if not all in-person gatherings and are meeting virtually when possible.
- Anyone with possible exposure to or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are being told to not come to the office and call to let us know.
- Outfitting ourselves with appropriate personal protective equipment
- Taking guest temperature with a laser thermometer outside our front door and conducting quick pre-health screenings before entry into the office.
- Extra vigilance with cleaning after each guest, paying extra attention to high touch areas such as doors, doorknobs, countertops and faucet handles.
3. Have members of the staff been tested for COVID-19?
The number of COVID-19 tests that we have have been limited. Currently, only Dr. Wright and Amanda have been tested. Dr. Wright recently traveled to a conference with international physicians and she tested negative upon her return. Amanda’s husband was placed on self-quarantine until his test results returned as someone at his job tested positive. Both Amanda and her husband tested negative.
4. Are many guests canceling appointments or moving them to later dates?
We are actually encouraging telehealth visits with our providers as we prefer to stay on top of our guest’s conditions and health.
5. Has anyone in the office tested positive?
Fortunately No. None of our team or any of the guests we have tested have tested positive.
Please reach out to us at 630-687-9595 or complete our contact form if you any further questions. We are eager and grateful to be able to work together with you to provide a safe environment for all, and we’ll be posting for questions and answers later this week. So, be on the look-out!
On behalf of the entire team at The Wright Center for Women’s Health, we wish you and your family good health and continued well-being.
The Wright Center Team